Dates: 26 Mar; 19 Apr 2018
Time: 9am – 5pm
Early Bird Fee: S$480 (Register one month earlier)
After SDF Grant, Fee: S$466 only
Normal Fee: S$520!
SDF Code: CRS-N-0026796
FOC for the 11th participant
OR 50% DISCOUNT
for 6th participant.
Feeling stressed when told to write minutes or take notes in meetings? Confused about how to sift the important points from mere comments? Worried? – Because you do not understand the business, hence how to get the correct information?
Fear not! Join us and be equipped with simple yet powerful techniques and styles to write clearer and more accurate minutes. After this workshop, you will find writing minutes is a breeze!
- Skills of an effective minutes-taker
- – Core competencies for taking notes effectively
- Listening for information and emotion
- – Sifting the important information from the unimportant
- – Distinguishing between results, reasons, and rubbish
- – Turning local vernacular into professional language for minutes
- – Turning emotional discussions into practical acceptable language
- – Managing the meeting delegates : knowing when to interrupt, clarify and confirm
- Minutes-taking methods
- – Learning different methods to take notes during meetings
- Writing the finished minutes
- – Using the ABC principle once you know this principle, minutes-writing is a breeze!
- – Making sense of correct tenses – grammar, capital letters, active voice vs passive voice
- Formats of meeting minutes
- Lots of practical exercises, discussions, feedback
Who Should Attend
ANYONE who has to take minutes in meetings, or write notes in briefings and informal meetings.
Nancy Yeo was certified in USA, Illinois, St. Charles, to design and deliver interpersonal skill programs. She has substantial experience delivering soft skill programs in Asia Pacific. Nancy has trained thousands of professionals, most of whom found her training very practical, and her sharing of real-life experiences very useful to their career.
Nancy prides herself with a mastery of impeccable linguistic skills in communication and in training. Her grasp of the English language is practical and hands-on in approach. Her professional experience revolves around people, liberating them to become self-assured and confident.
What Our Participants Say
“I learned note taking method, types of minute writing. I learned how to draft minutes of meeting. I learned what phrases and verb to use.”
“Had a better understanding on the pointers to note when recording minutes, had better knowledge on different note taking methods”
“To be prepared before meeting starts by knowing agenda or topics discussed. List of appropriate words that can be used when writing the meeting minutes. The importance of writing minutes and the agenda of the meeting.”
“Energy level is infectious, instills participation from attendees. Use of humour – very entertaining yet educational. Nancy effectively demonstrates e importance of minute-taking.”
"Nancy makes the course interesting by giving good example and practice. She able to communicate effectively with simple English."
“Nancy delivers the objective of this course effectively and engage participants to apply in forms of exercises and group sharing which is good. Encourages us to remember the points learnt in this course.”