Dates: 17 Jan; 21 Feb; 21 Mar
Time: 9am – 5pm
Early Bird Fee: S$389 (Register one month earlier)
After SDF Grant, Fee: S$375 only
Normal Fee: S$420!
SDF Code: CRS-N-0024951
FOC for the 11th participant
OR 50% DISCOUNT
for 6th participant.
This comprehensive workshop strengthens your foundation in grammar and effective email writing from a business perspective. You will learn to express your needs and purpose in email more effectively. And learn different formats for different types of email requests and information to clients, bosses and staff. Importantly, you learn how to project a business image of your work through your email writing.
Through discussions, lots of exercises and hands-on activities, you will learn how to plan, write and edit your writing before sending them. You will write case studies and receive feedback from ACES highly-experienced Business English Coach on your strengths and areas to improve on.
What You Will Gain
Participants will achieve the following outcomes:
- 1 – Understand the basics of business writing and grammar
- 2 – Write from your business readers’ perspectives
- 3 – Write with clarity and style, projecting a professional image about your work
- 4 – Able to edit own writings efficiently and quickly
- Email Writing Techniques
- – Simple yet powerful email format that will ensure you get responses from your email recipients
- – Common pitfalls in email writing to avoid
- – Email subject: avoid common mistakes made
- – Replace email phrases that are passé
- – Professional etiquette
- – Situations where emails are needed; not needed
- Less is More
- – Techniques to cut out redundancies
- – Common mistakes made in long sentences
- Editing own documents
- – Get a memory jogger to guide you to edit your writings more efficiently and quickly before sending
- Common Mistakes in Local Pronunciations
- What’s Next – Action Plan
Who Should Attend
ANYONE who uses emails, draft letters, proposals & other materials in their work.
- 1 – Marketing / PR Professionals
- 2 – Human Resource Professionals
- 3 – Secretaries / Personal Assistants
- 4 – Business / Sales Professionals
- 5 – Corporate Communication Professionals
- 6 – Technical Professionals
Nancy Yeo Managing Director
Nancy Yeo was certified in USA, Illinois, St. Charles, to design and deliver interpersonal skill programs. She has substantial experience delivering soft skill programs in Asia Pacific. Nancy has trained thousands of professionals, most of whom found her training very practical, and her sharing of real-life experiences very useful to their career.
Nancy prides herself with a mastery of impeccable linguistic skills in communication and in training. Her grasp of the English language is practical and hands-on in approach. Her professional experience revolves around people, liberating them to become self-assured and confident.
What Our Participants Say
"Utterly hilarious and very charming, presents information in an entertaining, honest manner, provides good wise & practical solutions, it was really, really rewarding. I really enjoyed it."
"I benefited much from this course, it helps me to write in a logic and easy understood way."
“Learning how to write effectively – making the other party understand my emails. How to write more concisely. The email format, words to avoid using."
“The importance of writing clearly and succinctly, with a clear purpose to achieve a communicative purpose and understanding the readers’ perspective”
“The proper and effective ways to write an email which can be easily understand by the reader. Learnt better ways to convey business messages”
"The teacher really tailored the class for our purposes. She really did her homework, incorporating many of the pitfalls in our own writing. "
“Nancy is also enthusiastic and she provided several examples of common mistakes made in email writing”